Infection control plan for Explore 62 North AS
Explore 62 North AS has prepared the current infection control plan for our trips in dialogue with the infection control doctor in Stranda municipality, which is the host municipality for our ski and sailing trips.
The purpose of this plan is to:
1) Prevent infection by covid-19 on board SY Westland and on our arranged trips.
2) Describe whether the accident is out and there is an infection among our guests or crew what should and must happen.
3) It is extremely important that you read this plan, understand, and accept its contents.
Explore 62 North AS plans to carry out ski and sailing trips from the first week after Easter 2021. The infection will then be assumed to be at a lower level than now, at the same time as a larger part of the population will be vaccinated against covid-19.
Each participant is responsible, also for the community on board the sailboat. The most important rule that applies to everyone in all of Norway is that if you feel sick, you should not show up for a trip, but stay at home!
Explore 62 North AS follows regulations on infection control measures, especially section 13. C. If all guests follow our rules, there is little danger of being infected by covid-19. However, there is always a certain risk and it is important that you as a participant are aware of this risk and that you accept it.
On board the sailing boat Westland, there is no room to maintain infection-free zones, nor to always keep a meter distance from shoulder to shoulder. Nevertheless, it is extremely important to have good infection control on the trips, both in terms of cleaning, hand hygiene and distance.
Tasks that fall on Explore 62 North AS:
- Extra good spotlight on infection control and health along the way
- Extra good hygiene and even better cleaning than normal
- We adapt joint activities so that distance can be maintained.
- New and stricter routines for cooking and serving.
- Appointment with local doctor's office for testing for any symptoms
Tasks that fall on each participant:
- You should be able to join the trip if you feel 100% healthy.
- Do not show up at the pier if you have respiratory symptoms, fever, or general impaired general condition.
- Before boarding, all guests must submit a health form confirming that you have not been in contact with anyone who has detected covid-19 in the last 14 days. You also confirm that you know the risk involved in being on a trip and what you must do if someone becomes ill or shows symptoms of illness.
- Keep your distance. The Norwegian Institute of Public Health requires a safe distance, and as a participant you must make sure to generally keep your distance from others.
- Wash your hands. Ensure good hand hygiene by washing your hands regularly with soap and water or alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Be a little extra patient. Avoid queues and congestion.
Convenient on board:
- Disinfection, soap, water, and paper towels will be available on board.
- Custom cooking and serving. In the galley, as usual, we have high demands on hygiene and quality, but adapt extra with e.g., several tables, the food manager serves food on the plate and we also use the outdoor areas for dining to keep distance.
- Regular washing and disinfection of table tops and other surfaces such as handles and railings.
- Regular washing and disinfection of toilets and all surfaces that many people touch.
- Antibac available on the toilet and one uses disposable paper towels.
Plan in case of illness or in case of suspicion of illness:
- If anyone develops symptoms of covid-19, they should be isolated and evacuated as soon as possible. The boat and all other guests are quarantined, and all guests must stay on board until the test results are available.
- In the event of a negative test result, the trip proceeds as planned.
- In the event of a positive test result for one or more guests / crew, everyone must be quarantined, and the trip is over for this time. We sail the boat to Aalesund harbor.
- Explore 62 North will assist according to ability with home transport and or accommodation in quarantine hotels.
I have read, understood, and accepted the contents of this infection control plan.